- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Sharing of Information
- Your Choices
- Special Notice for California Residents
- Other Notices
- Contact Us
1. Information We Collect
We collect, process, and use information about you when you:
- Register for our Services
- Interact with or use our Services
- Contact us for support, submit questions, and/or request information
- Provide feedback
We collect certain information when you submit or provide it to us directly. When you interact with our Services online, we also automatically collect information about you and your use of the Services through the use of log processes, cookies, location-identifying technologies, and other tracking technologies. Certain information is collected about you from third parties, such as when you connect through a third-party service or business partner site.
The types of information we collect about you may include personal information of the following types:
- Identifiers that you provide us directly, such as your first and last name, address, date of birth, social security number or other identity card number
- Contact information such as postal address, email address, and/or phone number
- Financial information, including bank account numbers and/or payment card numbers
- Transaction information
- Information contained in employee files, including employment history, evaluations, and information collected during the application and hiring process
- Identifiers collected through your use of the Services, such as unique online or device identifiers, internet protocol (IP) address, cookies, device or session IDs, and information regarding your system configuration (operating system and version), network, and connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device and carrier)
- Internet and other Network Activity, such as your browsing and search history and your interactions with our site and Services, including:
- URLs of the pages you visit
- date and time stamps associated with such browsing, searches, and clicks
- click stream data, meaning the page by page clicks that you make as you navigate through our Services, including the web page visited before you came to our website
- Other information that you provide to us including but not limited to government-issued photo ID, photographs of you, proof of address documentation, such as a lease or rental agreement, proof of external bank account, and occupational information
- Geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to share such information with us, and locale preferences for your use of the Services
- Sensory-related information, such as audio recordings of your voice to the extent you call us, as permitted under applicable law
- Inferences drawn about you and your likely preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes from any information we collect about you
If you send us a question, request information, or give us feedback, we may ask you for information to help us respond to your issue, such as your geographical location, professional and demographic information, industry, and preferred contact method.
We use Google Analytics for analytics and measurement to understand how our products are used. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect about you for the following business and commercial purposes:
To Provide Our Services and Manage Your Account,including to:
- Process your application or registration with our Services and to identify you when you sign into your account
- Verify your identity and comply with applicable law, including anti-money laundering (AML) and sanctions screening rules designed to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, hacking, infringement, or other suspected or actual misconduct, crime, or violation of an agreement involving the Services
- Collect fees and other amounts owed in connection with the Services
- Comply with obligations to tax authorities
- Manage your account and interaction preferences, including your transaction history
- Facilitate and manage your transactions
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and administrative messages
- Diagnose and debug our technical systems
- Provide you services and support regarding your account and reply to your questions, comments, and requests
To Personalize and Improve Our Services
We may use information we collect about you to create a profile of your preferences to personalize and tailor Services. We may also use information we collect about you to identify usage trends and perform statistical analyses to improve our Services, websites, applications, and marketing efforts in order to provide better services to you in the future.
To Protect You, Others, and our Business
We may use collected information to assess risk and to investigate and limit fraud, spam, and other malicious online activities in our Services, and to improve our security measures. We may also use collected information to assert our legal rights or to defend our legal rights against third parties.
To Comply with Applicable Laws
We may use information we collect about you to enable us to comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and judicial authorities in each geographical region in which we operate.
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies.
Pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, and other similar technologies are used in connection with some site pages to, among other things, track the actions of site users, compile statistics about site usage, associate non-identifiable demographic and preference data with device-related data (e.g., cookie IDs), and in some cases matching that with similar data supplied by other companies. We use, and permit third party vendors to use, this technology that recognize a unique identifier from a cookie placed on your device, and to provide content that is more relevant to you. We also use this technology to compile information about your interaction with email or other communications and determine whether our communications have been opened.
The site may contain cookies or similar technologies from third-party providers that help us understand how visitors access our site, use our site, and how the site is performing. This information is used to improve our site and to make our site more intuitive. These technologies enable the third-party providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your device.
3. Sharing of Information
RCUSA does not share a consumer’s personal information outside of RCUSA except in certain circumstances.
Disclosure to Our Service Providers
We may share all categories of your collected personal information as necessary in order to accomplish the business purpose described above with our third-party service providers (which may include RCUSA affiliates) who perform various business operations, solely for our benefit or on our behalf, under our instructions and in compliance with appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational security measures to protect your data from unauthorized use, retention, or disclosure. For example, we may share your information with the following categories of third- party service providers: financial institutions and bank partners, payment processors, payment networks, identity services, customer service vendors, communications platforms, risk investigation and mitigation tools, transaction dispute processing services, website and app usage trackers, data processors, modeling and analytics tools, and network infrastructure and data storage services.
These third parties are contractually obligated to secure and refrain from disclosing your information that we disclose or otherwise entrust to them.
Disclosure for Legal Purposes
We may share the information we collect, including personal information, to the extent permitted by applicable law, (i) in response to subpoenas or other legal processes or if, in our good faith opinion, such disclosure is required or permitted by law without a specific disclosure; (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; (iii) to enforce our terms and conditions or other policies applicable to our Services; and (iv) to protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of RCUSA or any third party.
In Relation to Business Asset Transfers
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be more or less stringent than in your jurisdiction. When we disclose your personal information overseas, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your information is held, managed, and accessed in accordance with appropriate standards for the handling of personal information.
In addition to the above listed disclosures, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by recipients to identify you.
4. Your Choices
Updating Account Information
If you would like to review, correct, or update personal information you have previously disclosed to us, you may do so by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Collection and Sharing Preferences
You may in some cases have the option to decline to provide us with certain information; however, your choice may impact your use of certain features or services for which that information is a necessary component.
5. Special Notice for California Residents
If you are a resident of the state of California, please note that we do not share personal information about you with non-affiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes.
6. Other Notices
Third Party Sites
Do Not Track
Notice Regarding Information of Minors
This site and any related services are intended for adults 18 years of age or over, and we do not knowingly collect personal information of consumers under 18 years of age.
Retention of Data
We take security very seriously and have implemented comprehensive technical and organizational measures to help ensure your data is secure. We have implemented a variety of security measures aimed at preserving the ongoing integrity and protecting the confidentiality of personal information. All of our communications and processing occur through Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Advanced Encryption Standard 256 (AES-256) technologies. Using strong encryption ensures the security of all information, which is saved on our secure database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems. Those authorized are required to keep the information confidential. To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We also use the services of leading companies to process all financial transactions. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to confirm that they continue to maintain and apply an appropriate level of security.
While we protect our systems and services, you are responsible for keeping your password(s) and account information private. You are also responsible for making sure your personal information is accurate and up to date.
8. Contact Us
Updated: June 14, 2022